1.9K views

Beware of this SCAMMER. They are a fake staffing company that hires promotional models for events. The bill the client and keep all the money never paying the model (sub- contractor). There are 100's of complaints and people are trying to gather information to form a class action lawsuit. 2 problems with that. #1 there is no "real" information on the company all fictitious names and address. They do not answer calls or emails from the models. #2 they are in Canada.

If anyone know of any REAL information please post it. These people need to be stopped. We need an inside source that can provide information.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1354945

BACKGROUND

To set the stage let us remind everyone that we have been in business now since 2004 assisting thousands of clients to connect with our thousands of staff and we are proud to say in total during those years we have had just a few complaints surface online, these growing pains and difference of opinions are bound to happen maybe once per year when you work with thousands of clients and staff, sometimes these are genuine concerns and sometimes these are not based on reality or facts but each and every time we try to communicate directly with our clients and staff to try and rectify each situation to the best of our abilities.

To the people here who took the time to write something updated and relevant, thank you, thank you!

OTHER POSTINGS

To the others we attempted to reply below each of your posts to help clarify each question asked.

Alex Ryan

Wow. I can’t believe some of the comments on this page.

I have now done TWO events through National Event Staffing and they have been very well organized as well as the company that used them to hire me for their events.

My last event was the Baby Time Show in Toronto this April 2012. It was a great event and I will absolutely do it again. I had no troubles being paid like some people say.

The website is very easy to use:

www.NationalEventStaffing.com

I definitely recommend it for people looking for some extra odd jobs!

Beware of this company if you are a US model. They will NOT protect you and tend to put their models in dangerous positions.

Anything for a BUCK.

They are from Canada and there is nothing you can do to protect yourself or to collect your money from your any jobs you do. All US address they use are PO Boxes (look on Google Earth and Maps).

to Danger to models Los Angeles, California, United States #1354949

Our process is simple, we give you a job opportunity via email, you decide if you want to apply, we work with our client to try and get you the job, if they select you we get you connected to that client so you can further discuss the job opportunity with them directly, we do this so that you can learn more about our client and then you can decide if you 100% are going to accept the job. It is impossible for us to put anyone in a "dangerous position" because of how our process works as explained here.

Anonymous websites always allow people to slander a company that they have ill will towards. I have used National Event Staffing on various occasions and find them to be very good.

They deliver on what they set out to. I also find them to offer solutions for our operations across the US.

to G James Los Angeles, California, United States #1354950

Thanks for the kind words G James!

Hey I am wondering if you all could give me some information regarding NES. I was contacted by them regarding a beer promotion happening in Mexico in the upcoming months to find that they want me to pay for a permit to even work.

Has anyone else been contacted? if so please contact me asap at gettosuperstar85@hotmail.com I want to figure out what the heck is going on!

to Mexico Promo staffed by NES Los Angeles, California, United States #1354920

We never communicate via gmail or other such email, we always communicate from our company email service, this was a 1 time situation where we were alerted someone was attempting to use our business name and a gmail email to lure models and staff from job posting websites to pay for a permit to work outside of the USA. When our staff told us about this we alerted the authorities and the email services providers so that this person could be stopped asap!

There is a spring brreak promotion for Mexico that they are stffing for, but are asking girls to send them a check to pay for a worker's permit. DO NOT SEND THEM A CHECK!!!!!! SCAM!!!!!!!!!

to BEWARE OF THEIR SPRING BREAK P Los Angeles, California, United States #1354922

All I got from NES Staffing were sales markieting calls for MLM Scams. Almost immediatley after I registered I had more calls coming in from lots of rip offs. I had to contact a protection agency to get my name removed from their website because they refused my emails after my first complaint.

If you read their agreement, there is a disclaimer that says they wont be liable for action even if they know that a subsidary is hurting you.

to Steve Los Angeles, California, United States #1354923

This doesn't sound like our company?? MLM emails?

We only email our staff about job opportunities and sometimes we get a bit wild and email our staff about maybe a Uber discount or Special deal on a product or service they might be interested in but..

we would never email them with MLM? Also we use a standard email services provider where you can just click Unsubscribe if you don't want to get our emails, its not complicated to get off our list...

Canned Ham, As I understand all staff have been paid and their new business model is serving them well as they are no longer involved with the staff members money. I have asked that if anyone can find a single staff member that has had a problem since their change over in June 2008, or for the entire year up to now of 2009 please let me know.

I will guarantee you that there are no reports as I have looked and I would suggest that the thousands of staff working for them and hundreds daily there would be reports if in fact there was still a problem... "now that's what I call a Game, Set and Match" Case Closed!

to Model LA #1379903

False. It's 2017 and they can't figure out how to send me my money.

They're holding it hostage. Filing suit next week.

They posted a models personal information on the internet when she complained about not getting paid.

As I understand it there were perhaps 6 staff from thousands they work with that were waiting on a pay check due to a client being slow with a payment. Because of this and many other cleints that were slow to pay they now no longer handle pay checks and let their clients pay the staff directly.

This new business model has served them and their staff well and as of June 2008 when the change over was complete all staff were paid and all is going well for them.

Hope this helps to clear this up. PS if you can find a single staff from thousands that worked for them from June 2008 after the change over to current date that has had a problem with them please do let me know as I have not been able to find any problems since their change over.

Sandy, Utah, United States #42741

"Freedom Jolly" is on Facebook and friends with "Trevor Pinkney" this is quite the scam they have.

La Harpe, Kansas, United States #25201

Looks to me like they were telling the truth and that they were going thru some restructuring. They no longer handle pay checks and have simply been catching up on some missed payments from previous events, they now simply provide great event work and allow the clients to pay the staff directly.

Seems as of Aug 2007 the new system has been working well and staff and clients are very happy.

Hope this info helps. Have a great day!

Lake, West Virginia, United States #21259

Hi Guys,

Some good news...After almost a year I have finally received a PayPal payment from NES!!! I worked at an event in August '07 and honestly thought it was a lost case.

I had called and emailed "Freedom" and even went to the address only to find a postal box!! I dont understand why it takes so long to receive the payment?

And by not replying to anyone to even let them know that we WILL be paid on such and such date makes this very suspicious! I wont work for them again!

Sandy, Utah, United States #15490

nes_scam at yahoo dot com

Lets keep in touch to to make a list of people who want to share info on "National Event Staffing"